Wednesday 23 April 2008

FB OD

I was just thinking, more like looking far ahead into the future, that in the tradition of fashionable, wonderfully popular blogs, if I were to tag my current post I already know what I would put it down as ‘boredom.’, ‘Facebook’ See, even before I write a post I am ready to tag- always put the cart before the cow, and then… well, hope it all falls into place. Sigh. That’s my life … and my blog.

But of course all of us bored people know that boredom can be extremely productive. My productive spurt led to me finally opening a Facebook account. No, hold back the eggs, tomatoes and all sundry, I really did not have the inclination! And besides, in my usual presumptous ways, I thought I was above all this. Orkut took up enough time as it is! ‘Loser!!!!’ rings in my head. Sigh. Yes, so have gone beserk, adding applications left, right, centre, interrogating friends about why I hadn’t figured in a particular list, hadn’t got a particular superlative, threatening people who had ugly pics of me to get them off their profiles (and I swear there’s a lot of them floating around!eeeeksss!), and basically ODing on it’s little trashities (niceties comes from nice, trashities comes from trash. Dhuh.) and of course, all the tests I did badly on, I deleted apps and hid the stories. What else shall I do?

Of course, I also poked fun at a certain boy who took the ‘which roadie are you?’ quiz and invited me as well, which told him he was blah character and therefore a ‘typical villager type woman’!!! Omigod, I died laughing. Very pettily he told me that the a-fore-mention-ed character is leading in the current round of roadies. Teehehehee. Big joy. See, I did a little better than that- I was ‘mastermind of the roadies’ –ha!! Like really, people must be bored-er than I for them to make this terrible one. Sorry dude… life’s a bitch sometimes.

See, all this was fun. The problem happened with the ‘Which Friends Character are You?’ Quiz. Well, 'Friends' isn’t exactly a part of my DNA or anything, nor do I drop dead if I don’t watch it, but yes, I guffaw when I do, enjoy it, and I’ve seen enough to KNOW, to UNDERSTAND what the characters are all about. So, I take this quiz and at first the results are that I am mostly Chandler, with a little bit of Ross.

Oooook, a friend or two expressed great shock- I mean Chandler is super funny and I am not. Yes, yes, I know I am not that funny, but really, I didn’t lie or anything, swear! I let that be until 2 days later, until it just didn't feel right. Chandler? Nah. Ross? Hmmmmm. I took the test 3 more times ( Loser, loser!) But Chandler kinda stuck to me very stubbornly, except for one time when it was Rachel and Ross. Now, if you read the description (the love life bit), gosh that was too much of a contradiction to handle. So, of course retook the test. Chandler and various others. Where was this Chandler in me? Have I been blind to my own comic genius??

Eventually, I deleted the quiz from my profile. There's an IQ quiz that I am avoiding like the plague . I am of course Right Brained, and R has been trying to figure out how the dancer is twirling clockwise... R, you should have done what I did- I really did look at my clock (I always need to do that... my avoidance of the IQ Test makes sense now, doesn't it? Teeeeheheehee!) And today, I took one 'What Kind of Eyes Do You Have?' I have Eagle eyes. Scary or what. But scary eyes notwithstanding, I am 'usually amused' and I am 'the kind of girl everyone loves to be around' awwwwwwww and yet, I am Don Vito Corleone. (Pssst- Retook this one till I got the man himself ;) Is it just me or does everybody get bothered by this stuff? Possibly not, I am waiting for the novelty to wear off and for me to find a worthy enough mission at work.

In the meanwhile, I know which quiz I'll do now- ‘Which Sex and the City character you are?’ What fun!

1 comment:

arunabh said...

Are you really that bored??
Like seriously?
And now, you can actually get back to Orkut. Orkut is almost on the verge of pulling off a facebook. Check out the latest add-ons and things like that.