Friday 18 April 2008

Jealousy, Dog, Blog...

Call it a classic case of jealousy raising its ugly head. I saw a great blog, read about her good life in another city. And then another one, that bitch stole my thunder as well… shallow, hollow me- totally consumed by jealousy. So I told myself, heck I can do this too… What else if not a blog when the many aspects of being 23, all seem to look very bleak??!?? After all, one loserly afternoon I read in the Readers’ Digest (tehehehee!!) about some law of blogging: the more interesting your life, the lesser you blog and vice versa. So damn true man. Also, I can’t have a dog, I might as well have a blog. And I don’t say that simply because ‘blog’ and ‘dog’ rhyme, though accidental rhymes can brighten up a day like nothing else.

Break this down, dear Watson. Why can’t I have a dog? Because I don’t have a roof over my head. Why don’t I have a roof over my head? Because i believe in revolting against exploitative people like my ex-landlady. Why the landlady? Because I live far away from mommy and daddy and the house that I made no effort to find. Why do I live far away from mommy and daddy? Because I work here and they stay there. Why do I work here? For the love of the work, I say! You can’t have it all… house, dog, maid, interesting job...so you have a blog. Uh huh.

According to J, we have bad landlady- karma, which means that she and I(and probably the whole househunters frat out there) probably did something spectacularly horrendous to our landlady in our past birth and thus the resultant miseries of carton- living and single- bag wardrobes. It all adds up, and how!Most days we don’t think bout past birth and all that but househunting does that to you, ok?

This talk bout past birth and karma etc could also to do with the many calls made to estate agents. I swear it’s a thing with estate agents- they’re a pious bunch. Call 5 estate agents in a row… (we’re talking bout Delhi here, btw) you’ll get the picture. Better still, these are remixed bhajans… so you almost start humming the cheesy song from your bachpan, or from a movie that was relegated to the dark recesses of your mind until suddenly there is talk about dharm, karma, apocalypse, saviours, etc… the cheese is now sanctified? Uh huh.

You think, that was a sign, you start praying to really no much avail. J’s theory is so right… I did do something terrible for me to have agents on speed dial, for me to wait for their calls above all else and for me to Google ‘homelessness’ one morning- this could be more due to a melodramatic tendency and boredom more than anything else, I am willing to admit.

So go back to the dog and why I have a blog and not a dog. Living alone in a city leaves room for really improving your karma and indulging in charity- adopt dogs, cats, or hedgehogs and porcupines if you please. But, err, in my case, charity will begin with a home. Ergo, no home, no charity, no dog, only blog!

6 comments:

Simple Menu said...

Dear Pscyhochan, your post is extremely lucid and funny. You sound like (if I were to give you a voice that is) Herschel Krustofski. I think I came for your Bat Mitzvah. As regards to good karma, I wonder if it counts in a city like Delhi because whatever good karma you might have accumulated over a life or two will probably finish by the time you finish haggling with the auto-walla, shout at the pedestrian, stare at the letch.. all before your first at work... so about 10 in the morning. Eh...

arunabh said...

One question,Why did you go for a blog change?

Aniruddha said...

How i wish blogging was the solution to all the problems of humanity!!!!!

Psychochan said...

@simple menu,
yes yes how very true that is... good karma accumulated all finished... so sad and true...booohooo... and its a rhyme!
@arunabh
felt more psychotic than usual so decided to take it big time... i like the sound of psychochan... don't you?
@aniruddha
yes we will work on that... so why don't you start writing? make it a better place, for you and for me and the entire human race!

Unknown said...

Hmmmm I feature in your blog:) that must be good karma :) In spite of the mundane and the banal existence and the bitch that life has been of late to poor bombaysick us...this blog dog corn and cheese medley made me LAUGH.
hugsssssssss for this hehheheeeeeee

Entropy said...

Hi Psycochan,
Nice post, I enjoyed it.
Totally empathise with the awful house-hunt situation - it is a pain in all the metros.
Zen.