Friday 1 August 2008

Fuel-ling Nightmares!

What a terrible way to break a long spell, but well here it is… born out of bad, moody weather, petrol dreams and lots of work-related stress!
So yes, for all those of my faithful readers, who have missed me, I’m back… with a whimper.

Now, there’s several reasons to whimper… I mean now I have a car (yay yay!! No more fights with auto wallahs). But I honestly could not have chosen a better time. I mean 100 bucks doesn’t even buy you 2 FULL litres of petrol. Some life, huh? I feel like being terrible and saying something about bread lines, but shall desist. I have other things to bitch about- things that have already happened.

And what has happened is- I have started to dream about my fuel gauge dipping to dangerously low levels… like very very close to the dreaded ‘E’. The previous nightmare was truly nightmarish… the big E was of course drawing very close, I had a verrry drunk R slumped on the seat next to me, we were badly lost and I had no clue where the next U-turn was and then, I did something humongously stupid- I got to petrol pump which was swarming with swarthy truck drivers and lots of policemen and… and… I went to get air checked in my tyres and I did not re-fuel!!! Isn’t it so sad that even in my dreams I have no money for fuel!!!! I mean, I can’t be that stupid, just broke… teeehehehehehehe… even in my nightmares, so… who wants to be billionaire??

And then I also went one step further to dream about my bro’s new-ish bike getting stolen. I woke up, late for work and in a panic to call him to check on his bike. He of course, didn’t bother. But yes, there were more fuel gauge terrors. There was apparently a leak in my petrol tank (am I correct?) and again, I was out of fuel and late to work or some such thing. Ah lord, what does this mean?? Does this even need dream interpretation? No! What is bloody well needed is a fabulous transport system that does not force people to buy cars and then induce fuel-related nightmares!!!

Maybe I am just a whiner, so let’s end on a happy happy note. There’s a good movie in town- Dark Knight!!!! Yaaaay! Never mind that I haven’t seen it, I will very soon. B’s been in town, just awesome knowing that a dear friend is at least in the same city and I can drive to meet her, albeit we are both grown up now and have to be working very hard, and R has landed herself a wonderful job, J’s around and look’s happier in Vasant Kunj, the party last Saturday was great fun, with all the girlies and two random men, and there’s a gift from the party that we are yet to open!

1 comment:

arunabh said...

So where is R working these days?
And also I can now guess who J is. But, i liked the tags the best :D This sure is whining!